Friday 28 September 2012

Music

I love music, I really do. It is one of the things that makes life fun. It is something that lifts me up when I'm feeling down. I'll put on some good music and just keep listening til I feel like singing and/or dancing along to it. Sometimes I'll put music on while I work and dance my way around the house, having fun doing what would ordinarily be... ordinary! (Occasionally I've been singing while we drive in the car and Natalie has said, "stop singing mummy" - dang.)

At the moment I am preparing to sit my Grade 6 piano exam. It is a little scary, but the time I spend practising is amongst the most relaxing time I have each day. Having the exam ahead of me is actually a good thing in that it motivates me to make time for practice, and the habit of practicing will be good for when the exam is over - hopefully I'll still make time to learn and progress!

Lately I have spent a fair bit of time playing and singing Hymns. Just coz I can. Sometimes I have come across a Hymn that has been just right for me in that moment. On the whole, I have felt that singing Hymns invites the spirit in to my home and my heart. It also gives me strength for the challenges that I have to deal with as part of everyday life. Through singing them and really concentrating on the meaning behind the words I feel closer to Heavenly Father, and more grateful for the blessings that I have in my life - particularly the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here is one of my favourites


2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you played the piano! Do you guys have a piano at home???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Yeah, we have a digital piano, it is in our spare room. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment