Saturday 29 September 2012

Exploring

This has been a good week for blogging. I haven't really been consistent in posting on my blog in the past, but have felt like I want to make it a daily thing. One of the reasons I haven't been blogging frequently is that I don't feel that I have much to blog about. This is one of the many factors that has led me to feel that I want to spend more time exploring

Recently I was early to pick a friend up to come to our house for dinner. I had Natalie in the car with me, so we took a little walk to fill the time. Our friend lives right near the River Torrens. Walking along the path with shady tress, green grass and water flowing by one side it felt almost magical. If we'd had more time I bet there would have been much to discover - like perhaps a footbridge to the cool looking playground we could see on the other side of the river! As we walked I thought to myself, "I really want to give my children [and myself!] more experiences like this." 

At the moment our family is planning a day trip with another family we are friends with, up to explore a country area that we haven't been to before. I'm really looking forward to spending the time with family and friends. I also hope to relax, breathe in the fresh air, have new experiences and appreciate the simple things that we tend to take for granted in the rush of every day life.

I will stop and smell the roses... perhaps literally!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Some days when I do have the time, I want to blog, but don't have anything to write about, and I wish it was so easy for me to think of things to say.

    Let me know if you find some awesome kid-friendly places to go. I would love to start exploring with my family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. We did have a nice day. I found a website this afternoon - playgroundfinder.com and I have noted down some of the playgrounds on there. I'll let you know what I thought of them once I've been there. Maybe we could go to one together sometime :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment