Monday 31 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 31 - The LAST one

Take a moment to yourself, somewhere quiet.

Take a deep breath, and if you have the time/space/inclination do something that has significance for you e.g. light a candle, brew a put of your favourite tea, play your favourite music, whatever.

Think back to where you were all those moons ago, on 1 December when you started #reverb12. All the way back then, I asked: "How are you starting?"

Now, I am not going to ask you "Where are you finishing?" because this is not the end. What I want to ask is, "Where are you now?".

You have spent a month honouring everything that has brought you to this place: the highs, the lows, the messy middles, the exuberant rainbows, the turbulent storms, the fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate, the too-tight jeans, the unexpected windfalls, the toddler tantrums (theirs or yours!), all of it.

You have thanked each end every one of these things for the things they have taught you and brought you, and fully know that they reside benignly in your physical, emotional and spiritual being. You know know that while they brought you here and will always be with you, there is no reason for them to hold you back any longer.

You are standing where you are, all that you are, splendidly imperfect and right in the middle of this messy delicious life.

Take another deep breath.

Now quickly and without thinking too much about it, finish these five sentences:



2013 is going to be MY YEAR because...


I deserve it! I have much that I can accomplish and I can make it about doing those things.


In 2013, I am going to do...

Good. With my time, and for other people.


In 2013, I am going to feel...

Peace. Confidence. Self-assured.


In 2013, I am not going to...

Spend my time on things that aren't worth my while, and won't help me be the person I want to be.


In December 2013, I am going to look back and say...

I made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment