Sunday 7 July 2013

A First Sunday Share

In my church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - on the first Sunday of every month, the congregation is given the opportunity to come to the stand and share their testimony... or in other words, what we believe.

Today I had the thought that on the first Sunday of each month I could choose something that is significant to me on that particular day to share with you all. Not one to delay, I have decided that now is a good time to start. ;)


In one of our classes today we were talking about courage and overcoming obstacles. As I sat listening I thought of one of my favourite scriptures which is found in Romans Chapter 8 and verses 35-39. Part of that reads:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I love this scripture, and it has meant different things to me at different times... but today it reminded me that despite any of the difficult things I experience in life I can have courage. I don't have to fear when things happen that I don't understand or that challenge me because I know that no matter what happens, the love of God and my Saviour for me will never change and He will be there to help me conquer anything.

So this week and in the future I know that I can go forward with courage and when things don't go according to plan or are harder than I expected, or when things come up that I just didn't plan for at all... I know that it can't change the one thing that makes all the difference in my life - the love of God and His grace.

Tracey
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment