Thursday 11 July 2013

The 'Make' to Conquer Cancer

So here it is: my massive make for The Ride to Conquer Cancer.

As I have mentioned on previous blogs, my brother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer last year. Thankfully he is now in remission. I also lost a friend to cancer a few years ago and know several other people who have been affected by it.

As I mentioned on my FB page, my husband, brother-in-law, Aunt and Uncle are all riding in 'The Ride to Conquer Cancer' and have formed a team. Basically, this event aims to raise funds and awareness for cancer research and they all need sponsors! As we will have a young baby (the ride is November 30 - December 1) I don't feel able to be part of the crew but there is something I can do!

In the next few months I am aiming to raise money for the cause by selling hand-made crafts. The prices will vary depending on how long an item takes to make, and there may be 1 or 2 items that will require the buyer to supply their own material. Here are some examples of the types of things I can make:




Scrapbooking pages: really the sky is the limit, it depends on your preferences and what the photo inspires me to!



Probably the most involved project I've done and there will definitely be a limit on the number of these I can make!


A pillowcase and cushions. Obviously the dimensions of the cushions can vary!

I don't have photos yet, but I can also do greeting cards and am working on a pattern for a stuffed animal toy. If you have any ideas, just ask and I'll let you know if it's possible!

Also, If you can help by letting people know about what I am doing here or about sponsoring one of my family members for the race, or if you have materials you feel you can donate to the 'making business' it would be much appreciated. :D
If there is enough interest, I may have to see if I can enlist some people in the making ;)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment